Times of Struggle..

It may seem like a cliche to many of you but today I have been pondering the idea of calling on the Lord in my distress and how He does help. Specifically, I have been thinking about Psalms 120 and 121. Here are some of my thoughts (please note they are in no particular order).

1. In Psalm 120:2 the word translated save or deliver has this connotation of being snatched away. This would mean to me that what the psalmist is requesting to be removed quickly from the lying and deceitful tongues. I think it is interesting that he does ask for God to stop their sin rather he request to be removed from them.

2.Psalm 121 speaks of my help coming down from the hills and that it is the very Maker of heaven earth that is my help. There is great power in that help. I think some times we speak of God's help in ways that dismiss this level of power. How can I avoid this?

3.Psalm 121:7-8 tell me that God is watching out for me. This tells me that even though things seem bad right now that there is a larger picture that I cannot see. I firmly believe that God's leading in my resignation was a means of protecting me from something else. I have no idea what it was but I believe this to be true.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

goood verses :)
and it's from Psalms! :D

Denise said...

I've been thinking of such things this week - just not specific verses - though I do have a song that helps me and it is called Held by Natalie Grant