Cannot Be Shaken

"Those who trust in the LORD Are as Mount Zion, which cannot be moved but abides forever." Psalm 125:1

What an amazing statement!

To grasp how profound this declaration is I think we need to first look at what exactly Mount Zion is. First, it is a really mountain. Most people seem to agree that it is the easternmost of the two ancient hills of Jerusalem. It seems most likely that it was the site of the Jebusite city captured by David (2 Samuel 5:6–9). Second, Psalm 74:2 tells us that it is the place where God dwells. I think this second understanding gives us some incredible insight into our understanding of Psalm 125:1.

Normally I would take some time and give you the insight that God has given me through this verse but today I would like to do things differently. I want your input. Take some time and meditate on this verse and let me know what God teaches you about your trust in Him.

1 comments:

Denise said...

As I thought about that verse - there was this conviction floating about my heart. I thought about my trust in the Lord and realized that it's not nearly as strong as I thought it was. As doubt may creep in or circumstances get rough, I don't feel like a mountain - but a grain of sand. But, it also amazed me and made me think that once you have trusted, you can never not trust just as a mountain can never be anything other than a mountain. I don't know if I made anysense - but in my lil head it made perfect sense