Dare to Dream

Do you dream?

No I am not talking about what happens to us when we fall in to REM sleep. Rather I am talking about those thoughts and ideas about the future. Those ones that we have when we say "wow wouldn't that be awesome if this happened!" I hope you do.

Over the past few years this has not always been the easiest thing for me to do. There have been so many things happen in my life that I have sometimes found myself in place where I could not dream. I was essentially scared to get my hopes up again to only have things come crashing back down. This is a difficult place to be in. If you ever find yourself in this place I would encourage you to read Psalm 126. These verse really spoke to me today in that I was reminded by God to never give up dreaming dreams that only he can fulfill. They may not always come true but in dreaming big dreams we will be a person whose mouth is filled with joy and whose tongue shouts with joy.

What is even more amazing about this lessons is that my friend Holly was also struck by this same concept of daring to dream. If you have not already read her blog post (Saturday November 29, 2008 post) on this I would encourage you to do so.

So do you still dream? If so what are some of your God sized dreams? If not, why not?

0 comments: