Priorities

Keeping things in the right perspective is one of my greatest challenges right now. I have a lot of stressful things going on in my life and I have done a poor job of handling that stress. I have been especially poor at allowing that stress to negatively impact the two most important relationships in my life. I have allowed myself to get to a place with my God where His voice seems distant at best. I have allowed my relationship with my wife to get to a place where she does not feel the peace and comfort of having a husband who will take care of her needs (emotional, financially, etc...).

I never intended things to get to this point but now that I am beginning to see how badly things have gotten I can begin to change them and make things better on all fronts. I have started this process this week while my family has been away to Texas. It has been a fight all of the way because the old me wanted to simply sit around and do nothing and hide in the darkness. I had to make the choice many times to literally get up and keep doing things that I knew needed to be done. It was a constant battle but it has been one that I know I must not lose. Over these last few days I have learned a lot about myself, my life and the power of the enemy. The goal for me this week was to get my life and priorities back in correct alignment. It is my hope that I have truly accomplished this but only time will tell.

It is my prayer tonight that your priorities are in the right place. It is my hope that if they are not that you make the decision tonight to change that.

0 comments: