Confidence

In Exodus 33:18-23 we see how despite the closeness Moses had with God that he wanted more. Moses comes across as a man who could not get enough of God. In the end though the sinful nature of man would not allow Moses to truly come before God. Moses was not allowed to come completely in to God's presence (think in terms of coming face to face with God) because had he done so he would have surely died. Thankfully, the same is not true for us today.

Ephesians 3:12 tell us that we can approach God with confidence, freedom and boldness. So how is this possible? How is ok for me to have that kind of access to God and Moses, God's chosen leader, to not have that kind of access? Jesus! Jesus' sacrifice and blood make it possible for to go before a holy God with confidence and freedom. Furthermore, I believe God wants us to live our lives with same kind of confidence and freedom. He wants us to live a life that fears no man no matter his position or status. He wants us to be able to live a life that screams of boldness and peace no matter what comes along before us.

I know I struggle with this a lot. There are people in my life that have authority over me that struggle to stand before with confidence and assurance. At the end of the day I must remember that there is nothing that can defeat me when God is for me. No matter how bad things may appear to me God has me and my family in the palm of His hand. He will take care of us. He will provide for us. We shall be more than conquerors through our Lord! May I be confident in these facts this week!

0 comments: