Some thoughts from the R-C

Today is day 4 at the beautiful Rush-Copley hospital in Aurora, IL. Angie and I have had a simply lovely time here on our babymoon. It is not exactly how we had planned to spend the final weeks of our pregnancy but the intimate room and romantic glow of the street lights at night have more than made up for all of the problems in changed schedules and lack of showers.

During this very special time for us I have had some moments of solice where I could truly contemplate such profound things as the meaning of life, why my right pinky seems to be longer than my left and why people keep trying to send us home (do we smell? or do they just not like us very much?). During these moments I have also spent some time pondering some slightly more spiritual issues. Most recently I found myself going back through a message sent to me by a friend in Florida. In her message she reminds me that there is a time, place and reason for all things. God has His reasonings for things and that in the end all things will work out for His glory. She also reminded me that when we follow after Him with all of our very essence and being then we know things will work out for our good even if that good does not seem so good at the time.

I do not know what the future holds for us. I do not know when Abby will be born or how big she will be. For that matter I have no idea how long she or anyone else in my family will live. I know what I hope for and what I want to happen. I know that living in the gray the past few days has been difficult yet peaceful (most of the time). I know that God is bigger than any struggle I may ever have. I know that He loves me and is taking care of me. I know that He has shown this love through an old friend from Florida who took some time to remind me of some truths that I have known for a long time. I know that He will continue to demonstrate His love for me, Angie, Aiden, Anthony and Abby in the days, weeks, months and years to come. I know He will never stop showing His love to me. I know that He is my God and my Savior. I know He is the one who made the choice to provide a means for salvation. I know that someday I will see my Savior face to face. I know that He holds tomorrow in His hands. I know He is taking care of my boys while I am away from them. I know that I know that I know that no matter what happens in this life that God is always there.

He is here in this room with us. He is in haiti with the suffering and the weak. He is the rich places and the poor places of this world. He is the beginning and the end, the alpha and the the omega. He is the all powerful creator of the universe. He is the one true God. He is the answer to the deepest longings of a person's soul. He is the great I am. He is the only true giver of life. He is the one who gives me breath every day. He is my friend and my God (do not ask me to explain how that works out). He is above all things because He made all things. He loves beyond any love I could ever imagine because He himself is love.

God is so much more than what I have written here today. I do not know where you are at with God today. I do not know if you have totally rejected God, the church, or religion in general. I do not know if you have full embraced any number of faiths like Christianity, Islam or Buddhism. Only God truly knows the heart of each man and only god has the authority to judge that heart. All I know is where I am and what God has shown me. I have tried to share some of that here today and through out the postings on this blog. I hope that I have in some small way accomplished that. I look forward to sharing more with you about Him in the future.

1 comments:

Sonya said...

Just a note: I miss you.
Second,
this post made me smile.
Third,
I am praying.
Sonya