Duct Tape and faith

Lately I have had a lot of time to think. For those of you who know me you understand how scary of a prospect this can be. My mind tends to wonder in all sorts of directions and many times will latch on to some crazy idea that most people who just as soon stay away from. While I admit that many of these ideas have not turned out so well, some of them have. For example, the idea of planting a church to reach college-age people has evolved into our current church plant The Journey. I am hoping my latest idea is one of the good ones and not one of those weird ones that sucks up a lot of my time and ends up in the junk pile. All of that being said I need some help from you!! :)

I need people to give me their thoughts on Duct Tape. No really, I am not kidding on this one. I want to know what you really think about it. What are some the characteristics you think of when you think of Duct Tape? The more input you can give me the better. I know some of you may think I am venturing in to waste of time idea land but only time will tell and the more you help me with your input the better chance I have of staying in happy productivity land.

I look forward to you thoughts. Thanks.

4 comments:

Sonya said...

When I think of duck tape, I think of you.
Other than that, I think shiny, strong, thick, sticky, round but square or maybe just every shape, unique, dependable, crazy, different colors, stands out, bends. and that's it for now.
I hope that helps!

Unknown said...

Well I think of duct tape as something you look for to mend or repair something that is broken, or used to strengthen as a support. It comes in all colors, sticks to just about anything, strong but flexible. Not much you can't fix with duct tape or baling wire.

Kelly Reed said...

It's sticky--and can trap the little ants that walk across it -- "no one can snatch them out of my" duct tape...?

It creates a bond between two otherwise disconnected things--we are one in the bond of love--it doesn't hurt that we're wrapped together head to toe in duct tape...

if only some marriages were as stuck together as duct tape

It seals until the day of...Eph. 1:13

Be thankful the scrolls in Revelation weren't sealed with duct tape--we might never know!

If the Roman soldiers had used duct tape to seal Jesus' tomb, we might be telling a whole different story... ;-)

OK, that crosses a line. Not even duct tape could hold Him in!

Denise said...

YAY DUCT TAPE! When I think of duct tape I think of fixing something and being able to hold it together and I think of hanging/putting something up - like a heavy duty poster or craft project, when scotch tape just won't cut it or masking tape :)