The Qualifications for Deacons, Elders, and Pastors

Currently, there is some significant debate over the roles of women in the church. For some time I have held a certain set of views. Lately I have been presented with some challenging questions. As a result I have embarked on a journey to review as many passages as I can find that deal with the qualifications for someone to be a Deacon, Elder or Pastor. My hope is to use this blog to share with you some of thoughts I have along the way. It is my hope that you will share some of your thoughts, feelings and insights as we go along. To get us started I wanted to post the list of verses I will be examining first.
  • 1 Timothy 3:1-12
  • Titus 1:5-9
  • 1 Peter 2:25
  • Ephesians 4:11
  • 1 Timothy 4:11 6:2
  • Acts 6:1-6
  • Mark 10:42-45
  • Phil. 3:12-15;
  • Jeremiah 45:5
  • Romans 16
My hope is to really explore the original greek meanings and context. It is my hope and belief that I was work through these verses that I will come out on the other end of this with a more thorough and biblically solid understanding of Biblical church leadership.

0 comments: