Getting an Answer You Don't Like

Today was one of those days when I got an answer to prayer that I did not like. It is not like the answer was bad it was just not one that I wanted. I know that God knows what He is doing and He always knows best but that does not mean I am always going to like what He says to me.

Basically, I have been begging God to give some answers to 2 major prayers. Today He showed me the answered to one. In that answer it was, "You are going to have to wait and be patient, just trust Me and keep doing what you are doing. Keep coming after Me and I will take care of it!" I wanted to hear "I have heard your prayer and I am going to change this right now!" This was hard to accept at first. I knew the answer was from him but it took me a little while to accept its truth. Now, I am still not happy but I am at peace about the situation.

God is so much bigger and beyond us that we can scarcely understand Him and His plans. I am not exactly sure where He is going with the ministries here at UBC but I know He is leading them to a better place. I desire to be on His plan for all of it. I desire to be a part of the great and mighty things He will be doing through this church.

So is God looking to use you some how? Is there something He wants you to do? Is there something more He wants from you? Do you need to ask His forgiveness of sin in your life? Do you need to be humbled by Him? Do you want to know Him more? What do you want from God? What do want to hear from Him? If you want to hear from God simply ask and be ready to hear what He says no matter what it is.

0 comments: