The Light of God

Have you ever considered what kind of light He created in Genesis 1:3-5?

I had not until recently.

Some of you know that the Youth have started a series we have called Cliff Notes on the Bible II. We covered part I last Fall and so this year we are going back and filling in some of the gaps. One of the gaps from last year was a closer examination of the actual creation account. As I was preparing for the lesson I realized that God created light long before He created the sun, moon and stars. So this got me to thinking about what kind of light did He create.

Bottom line for me is that I am not sure. One idea is that it could simply be the creation of what we would understand to be the scientific concept of light. This is hard to imagine because it has no definable source.

So what do you think? What was this light God had created?

0 comments: