God's Will and Answers

For the Lord of hosts has planned, and who can frustrate it? And as for His stretched out hand, who can turn it back?" Isaiah 14:27

Simple question today. If nobody can frustrate God's will then why do things happen that seem so far out of His will?

I wish I had an easy answer. I know sin plays a part in all of this and yet I know that God's power is absolute. For me I have come to realize that there are many things in this world that I will never understand. I have learned to accept what God's Word tells us and then simply let the chips fall where they may. Some will say that this is can lead to contradictions and that destroys the validity of Scripture. I can see how someone might begin to follow that line of thinking and I do not have the time to go into all of the problems with that today (maybe another time). In the end the valid of Scripture is not depended upon us and how we understand it, it is dependent on God and God alone. If we as sinful and fallen creatures miss what He has told us then that is our responsibility and our fault and does not prove or disprove anything about God.

So what do you think?

0 comments: