Being Angry with God

Have you ever been angry with God?

I know I have. Heck I was angry with Him earlier today and in some way a part of me is at least still frustrated with Him if not a tiny bit angry. If you have never been in that place then you may not be able to appreciate how difficult it can be. The church over the years has at the very least implied how sinful ti is to be angry. We have been taught that somehow our feelings of anger and frustrated are ungodly. This kind of teaching, in my opinion, is unbiblical. God does not tell us that and in fact through His own description of Himself we see how anger in and of itself is a God created emotion. Emotions in and of themselves are not the issue. What is an issue is how we allow them to dictate of actions and out relationship with God.

This does not mean that emotions should not 'separate' us from God. I think at some level when God's wrath came down upon Israel thy became separated from Him. So how can it be a bad thing? Having said that I think there must be a plan for the separation to be temporary. God was always looking to have a plan of restoration. He would also keep a remnant that He would call back to His side. We must have the same heart. We must be seeking to return to Him while we are in our time of being apart. We must be seeking Him with all that we can offer, no mater how small that may be at the time. We must be honest in our expressions of emotions and prayers with God. He already knows our hearts. He wants us to come clean with Him. If we can be honest with Him, He will begin to move in our hearts in ways that we could not ever begin to imagine. He is just that big and powerful!

Today was one of those moments for me. I started out very angry and frustrated with God. I felt as though I could not hear Him or see His plan. I told Him how I felt. I told Him what I was angry and upset about. I told Him that I was not even sure that being angry was such a bad thing for me right then. Eventually though He began to open up my heart and change me. He started showing me things. He removed the anger that I needed Him to remove. He did in an instant. He removed those emotional blinders that were keeping me from seeing Him and hearing His voice. It was a miraculous morning!

1 comments:

Brent said...

Thank God for you! That He gave you a miraculous day.

Praying and Standing in the Gap for you and Angie.

Blessings!