The Ups and Downs of Passion

I love my students. I love my youth. I love my college kiddos. They are all so awesome. There are days that it is hard for me to believe that I get paid to do what I do.

This summer has been great. I have been able to get to know some my teens a little better and I think I might have taught them a little something along the way. On the other hand I have missed my college students. I have missed having diner with them once a week. I have missed the random visits with Mr. Jonathan. I have missed hearing about God is doing in their lives. It has been so weird to not have so many of them gone this summer.

Thankfully they have returned. Their classes start on Monday and so they have flooded into Macomb this weekend. It is amazing to have watched the transformation of this city almost overnight. There is a certain amount of energy that just seems to be in the air. Of course, the parties have also returned which means the drinking and the drugs have also returned.

I am so excited to have my college students back in town. The joy this brings me is hard to put it to words. At the same time I am almost overwhelmed with sadness for those who are choosing to ignore God. There are times that the burden of these students is so heavy that it is difficult for me to breathe. My heart breaks for them. I want to see all of their lives changed. I know God can do whatever He wants with them. It is hard for to understand why things do not seem to be changing here. I want them to so badly.

I want to see teenagers changed. I want to see the Jr/High School changed by my brothers and sisters in Christ. I want to see WIU changed in the same way. I want to watched students by the hundred begin giving their lives to Christ. Not just hundreds, thousands. Please be praying for these whom God has brought to Macomb. Be praying for those youth who need to meet Jesus for the first time. Be praying for those college students who are on the verge of denying their Savior. Be praying for me. Be praying for the student ministry as we look to change the lives of all students in Macomb.

0 comments: