The Longest Days

What have been the longest days of your life?

Today was one of the longest days of my life. It was the kind of day that you just wanted to end so that you could begin to move on and forward. I will never forget my son but I long for the day when maybe it does not hurt so bad. I long for the day when my wife does not hurt the way that she does. I am pretty sure that at some level the pain will never really go away. I suppose what I am hoping for is that I will find ways to better process the pain.

I am not sure if that makes any sense to you but in my little world it does. I firmly believe that my God is bigger than the Boogie Man and that He is always by my side. He has never left me alone and He never will. He knows what it feels like to have a son die. He understands the pain. I know that God has carried me through this day. It was long and hard but it is nearly done. Thank You God!

So I would like to know...What have been some of the longest days of your life? How did God carry you through it? Was He even a part of your life then?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I things were going wrong between me and my best friend, I thought it would never end; I thought I would never be ok.

It took a while, but I'm finally ok. I can finally look back and realize that it all happened for a reason and IF that didn't happen, I wouldn't be so strong in my faith like I am today.

Different yes, since she didn't die...but the same, because I lost her in so many different ways.
Maybe that doesn't help... I know I don't understand it to the full extent.
I'm praying for you both though.

As for the question you asked, the longest YEAR of my life was in 2005.

Sonya

Anonymous said...

I should have put this poem in with the others.. Let your wife see it.. I think she'd like it.

::

Just You and Me

Just You and me
Here.
Within the darkness.
Within the now.
You hold me so close
And never let go.

Though I cry,
I will dance
Cause You’re so near,
You are here with me now.
You dance with me,
Cry with me,
Laugh with me,
And are with me when I’m down.
You don’t move on.
You don’t let it be.
You hold me so close I can hardly breathe.

But God,
You are all I will ever need
Forever.

There are those nights where I just praise You.
I can’t stop jumping;
I can’t stop singing about how wonderful You really are.

Then there are those nights
Where all I do is cry.
You hold me so close,
You wipe my face dry.

How could I ask for more?
You are my Abba,
My Savior,
And my Lord.

[March 16, 2006]

He is always there.
:)

Praying.
SonnyaA

Anonymous said...

& ..

::

I Am Not Alone

I’m not going to express the feelings I feel.
You made me feel this way.
Even though I was hurting with so many reasons,
You told my heart,
”It’s ok”.

While I wrote all that I had within me,
I couldn’t help but feel ok.
It’s like I got the prayer answered
And when I wasn’t looking,
Your hands held me.

I felt Your tears,
And they were for me
Because I was hurting so bad.
You didn’t let me go God,
You didn’t tell me to stop.

While I was crying,
I was not alone.
While I was writing,
You were there to hold me.

It gives me strength to know that You will hold me
When everything is going so wrong.
It gives me strength God,
To know You are there.

[February 21, 2006]

Sonie