Thinking about things

What do you think about the most? What are those things that take up your mind's time?

I know I have a vast array of things that consume my mental energy. I think about what I am doing, where I am going, my family, my friends, and random other things (such as eagle-chickens). If you are anything like me then you probably do not spend a whole lot of time simply thinking about God especially when we compared to the amount of energy we use on other things.

Have you ever thought about how much God thinks about you? Have you ever considered how much of God's infinite mind is used thinking about you? The fact of the matter is that it is more than you or I could possibly imagine.

"How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand. When I awake, I am still with You." Psalm 139:17-18

As I have considered this the nerd in me started to think about how the math of infinity might play in to this idea. As I did some research and verification on the web I came to a couple of conclusions.

1. The inverse of infinity is zero.-Implication-Either God's mind is infinite or it is non-existent. It has to be one of the other because the Bible describes His mind this way and the Bible is absolutely true or absolutely false.

2. Applying the concepts of math to the metaphysical can be trick at best.

3. Math can not explain an infinitely loving God because it has no means of putting this in to its strictly logical format.

In the end these verses teach me that God is constantly thinking about me. His thoughts are always about me not matter where I am or what I am doing. And when I think about these verses in light of other verses such as 1 John 4:8, 1 John 4:16 and Romans 5:8 I realize that when God is thinking about me He is doing so in such a way that He sees me through the eyes of love and compassion. How awesome is that?!?!?!? The God and Creator of the entire universe is constantly and lovingly thinking about me (and you for that matter)!

0 comments: