Marriage and Strength

Most of you know at least part of the struggles that my family and I have been through over the past few years. As I look back it seems as though all we have been doing is experience life as a roller coaster with highs, lows, twists and loops. At times this has been exhausting and others it has been exhilarating. Through it all though there have been two major constants.

First, my God has never left me nor forsaken me. There have been times when I questioned the path or the direction. There have been times when I felt as though I was all alone. In the end though I can look back and see that God has never ever left my side and that He walked with me and carried me through this journey called life.

Second, my wife has always been there. There have been times when our marriage was really struggling to survive yet I always knew deep down inside that my wonderful bride would be there. Sadly too often I took this for granted and failed to appreciate what an amazing truth it is to know that my Koishii would be there for me.

As we have walked this journey together I have gained a deeper understanding of what it means when two become one. I better understand that I cannot truly hide anything from my wife. She knows when something isn't right and she knows when "her Patrick" is missing and not around. I better understand what true strength and courage is all about. I better understand what it means to have a help mate. I better understand what it means to have a true friend.

I know that not everyone is meant to be married. I am not sure why God has chosen to bless me in this way but I am thankful that He has because I am not sure that I would still be here today if not for the love, strength and blessing of my wife.

Thank you, my love for all that you do. Love, me.  :)

0 comments: