Unsettled

Have you ever had one of those days when you just feel unsettled and you can't seem to put your finger on why?

Today was one of those days with me. In the past I used to just allow myself slip into a sort mini-depression and just waste the day away. What I have learned is that these days are usually ones in which God is really trying to get a hold of me and He keeps me unsettled until He gets His message across to me. So I was able to get away to a quiet place here in town to try and spend some uninterrupted time with the Father. As I have sat here reading His word and listening to praise and worship music I have started to come to some realization and I thought I would share them with you.

First, I must be the example. If I want my wife, my boys, my sheep and others to act in a certain way then I must be willing to be their example. I have been especially thinking about this in terms of worship. There are so many times that I just want to worship God without abandon yet something stops me. There seems to be this sense that people are watching and that they may not approve. I know in my head that it shouldn't matter but for some reason it does. I do not want my boys especially to ever be at this point. I desire them to worship God without regard for those around them. I want them to have such a deep and passionate worship. For this to happen I must be willing to be worship this way myself. I have been reading through some of the Psalms lately and so many of them simply say that we must Praise Him!!!!! There is no limit to the ways we can praise Him and there is no limit for the reasons why we should praise Him! So why don't I? Why don't I find more ways to praise Him?

Second, I must do things differently. I must change. Yet how is the question that remains for me this day. Maybe God will show me but the message that I am hearing from Him is that I must change. I must run towards Him in such a way that I have never done so before. I must rely on Him in ways that I cannot see now. I must rest in Him in some way that is new and different. I must find more ways for me to become less so that He can truly become more within me and my life.

Well my friends there is yet another small glimpse into my usually bright and shinny world. I hope you have enjoyed your stay. Y'all come back now ya hear!

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Thank you for this.

Reminds me of this song (in a way): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9aWvgNWWRo

Sonya

Pastor Brent Baxley said...

so good to see God moving so mightily in your lives. We are looking forward to all that He has in store for you and your precious family. We'd love to see you guys sometime SOON. If you ever want a get-a-way, just let us know. I know of a great place to vacation - just down the road from us :)

Blessings!