What to do? What to do? What to do?

One of the hardest aspects of what I do right now is that on Sunday mornings I have to concentrate so much on the timing of the worship slides that I find it difficult to worship. So much of Sunday morning service is work and not rest for me. This has been a personal struggle of mine for a number of years. I have been intimately involved with this kind of ministry for a number of years now. In so doing I have found myself away from my family and feeling as though I am away from God and have not worshiped Him. Satan has taken these feelings to make me feel guilty about my relationship with God and how I must be doing something wrong or that I am making god sad by not worshiping Him. In my head I know that worship is more than songs yet I also know how much a part of worship is in my life. Music is one of the best avenues for taking me and my heart into the Lord’s presence.

With this as a back drop I have been seeking someone to come and take over at least some of my roles on Sunday morning. With this though I have always thought it seemed selfish of me to do that. I did not want anyone else to be in the place(s) that I have been. Today, my perspective has changed. I guess really what has happened is that my heart now understands what my head has known for a long time.

I can and should worship God by running the music slides. By doing the best job possible. By having the timing work, the backgrounds look good,and the words in the correct order I am worshiping my God. So to all of you who find yourself working on Sunday, I encourage you to work as hard as you can and to have that be your act of worship.

0 comments: