Today

Well in few minutes we will be begin another Sunday AM service here at UBC. This one though is unique for me because it will be the first one without Kelly as my pastor. This fills with such mixed emotions. The hardest of which to deal with the is knowing that such a dear friend will not be here this morning. Kelly was more than a pastor to me he is dear friend. I also miss the sounds of his family in our halls. I miss hearing Vicky's laugh carrying through out the church. I miss hear Moriah's feet as she runs. I miss hearing Gabriel voice as he tells me about some animal I have never heard of. I miss these things and more.

I know in my heart of hearts that given the situation that Kelly was in that resigning was the right thing to do. I am just sad that it had come to that point. I know God has great and mighty plan for all of this. I look forward to the day when I can look back and see that mighty plan. That day is a great day to long for.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

I understand your sadness.. I am sad too. How was it today? I thought of you all, and of course, the Kelly and his family.

Lil k

Brent said...

Blessings to your week! Praying for God's strength and guidance to be upon you and your family