When People Fail

Many of us have heard that if we do 'X' and teach some 'Y' then all will turn out great. That is not only not reality but it is also no what we see in Scripture.

There is no guarantee that when we share the gospel with people will receive it. There is also no guarantee that when we attempt to disciple or mentor that they will not fall away. We hope and pray that when we speak and teach that people will listen but each person has the option to ignore what we say. In the same way each person can ignore God and what He says. Of course there are consequences for those actions. I believe this is part of the lesson from the parable of the sower found in Matthew 13:5-9.

I know I have had many people who have rejected the words I have spoken to them.It breaks my heart every time. It hurts. It feels like a personal attack. I know in my head that is not me but God who is being rejected. The trick for me is bring that truth back to my heart.

I would love to hear some of your stories. When have your words been rejected? Were there specifics verses that helped walk you through the pain?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely have things to say on this, but not here.. or now. class soon :)