Pause/Cause for Concern

I do not usually write about the various happenings within the Southern Baptist Convention because I do not wish to take people's eyes off the ball of what is really important in this world. Today, I wish to make an exception to this rule. Today, I would like to share with you some of the thoughts I have regarding the resignation of Wade Burleson as a Trustee for the International Mission Board (IMB).

His resignation from this position is no reason for anyone to rejoice. This is sad day for not only Southern Baptist but for the Body of Christ. From my perspective what I see is that a group of leading Christian men where not able to fully work through their disagreement. This is both sad and scary. I am saddened for the hardships that Wade and his wife have gone through over the past couple of years. I am saddened by how missionaries may have been impacted by all of this. I am saddened that the Name of Christ has been damaged (note: I am not blaming anyone for this).

I firmly believe in the end that God will be glorified and that those who truly follow after Him will be rewarded for their service. I am praying for all who are directly involved in this. I am also praying for our convention. I pray that the Holy Spirit would come and truly guide the hearts and minds of our messengers and leaders.

If you want to know more about this situation please feel free to contact me and I can point you in the right direction.

0 comments: