Sins of the Fathers

Have you ever thought about how your sins and choices will affect your children or even their children?

While God's grace and mercy can break any of the cycles of sins there is something to be said for the impact of our decisions on our children. In 2 Kings 5 we see how Gehazi's greed caused his descendants to have leprosy of some sort. At some level this does not seem fair to later generations. Why must they be punished for something they had not control over? I think this is where God's mercy and grace and our obedience comes in to play. If make the choice the follow God then we can be the ones to break the cycle.

I know for me this puts a greater significance on all of the decisions I make. So what decisions do you to make that could impact your kids (even if you don't have any yet)? Are you seeking out God's wisdom on your decisions? Do you seek to honor God in all that you do?

I hope so. I know I try and while I know that I fail on many different things, to do try. I rest on God's grace to overlook those times when I fail Him and others.

0 comments: