Success in Life

Last night I was asked one of the most difficult questions yet from my youth. Why does God choose some people and not others? It really made me think. Why does He choose some and not others?

To give you a little context we had been discussing the life of Moses. We had examined the fact that he was a failure at many things yet he was the man God used to lead His people out of slavery. We had also viewed a video that talks about some famous people who had suffered the agony of failure. The point of the evening was that we are all failures at something yet God still uses us. We are the great cloud of witnesses for the next generation of believers.

As I began to try and answer my student's question. Two ideas came to mind. First, in some cases such as Noah, Scripture describes the person as righteous or even the most righteous in their generation. Second, "I don't know but I am sure glad He does" God has been picking people like you and me to do His work for millenniums. Think about it. What was so special about Matthew, Mark, Luke, Paul, Moses, and Stephen?

What set this men apart was their faith. It was there choice to hope for things not seen. To look to the future and see God's glory. They understood the idea behind, my now infamous saying, "that the light at the end of tunnel was not a train but Jesus in Heaven." So what separates you from you the world? What separates you from your friends? Do hope for things you cannot see? Do have hope at all? If you have no hope for the future then today is your day to receive hope. Jesus is my hope and yours.

0 comments: