Changing WIU, Spoon and Macomb

A few weeks back I was asked by the Director of Next Gen Ministries at IBSA to look over some information regarding a possible new strategy of reaching campus. It is essentially, a church planting movement on the campus. Part of me was skeptical at first because I have seen too many college students become involved in a "college" church and then have problems finding a church after graduation.

Today I was reading some more about this idea and some of those who are leading the movement nationally. While I am still in the early stages of learning, I am nonetheless very intrigued. I have read a number of testimonies that have spoken to my heart. They talk about life changing gatherings of students all across the world. The things they testify are the things my dreams are made of. I do not know if this is the specific path God desires for the college ministry here in Macomb but part of me sure hopes it is.

If you have a few minutes take some time and check out this sites and let me know what you think.

http://campuschurch.net/
http://jaesonma.blogspot.com/

0 comments: