Can I do it???

It has been a crazy long time since I have taken the time to wright out any of thoughts much less take some time to place them here. Some things happened today that have my mind and heart racing in ways they have not in a long time. Today I was presented with an opportunity that I would have never  thought would be possible. It is one that I would have never even sought after yet here it is before me and my family.

I am not sure how you react to opportunity but I am the type the reacts with two completely opposite reactions at the same time. 1. I am in shock that someone would trust me or believe in me enough to give me an opportunity to do more or have more responsibility. 2.I have an incredible amount of self doubt  that leads me to dark thoughts of past failures. It is a strange process and it is one that I really do not like going through yet God seems to be placing me  in them with an increasing amount of frequency. Knowing that God is over even the smallest details of my life I figured it would be in my interest to seek His thoughts/will/desires on what lies before me. In so doing I came across Colossians 1:12.

While reading over this verse I realized how much God has qualified me to do whatever it is that He has me doing. I know this is not a revolutionary thought but it is a profound one. The idea that the God of the Universe took the time to equip me for the tasks before me is a mind blowing idea. He has already equipped me to do whatever it is. There are all kinds of rabbit trails that one could chase here but at the end of the day they all lead back to one place and that is...God loves me in ways I cannot understand. He takes care of me. He prepares me. He goes before me. He deals with my enemies.

I am not sure exactly what the future holds but I do know that God has purposefully equipped me.

0 comments: