Doing

Many of you who read my ramblings are aware of the struggles that I have gone through at work. To those of you who don't know let me summarize by saying that it has been a tremendous back and forth battle. My last rotation was no different. It was difficult for me to be able to see the path and plan that I had to take. It was if I could literally not see, like my vision was literally being block. This began to change during my thrids night.

During my third night I could begin to see what I supposed to be doing and how to move people in to the right places to have a successful night. It wasn't 100% clear but my vision was returning. On my fourth night my vision was restored but what I saw made no sense to me. Normally, I find myself doing all kinds of feature moves and changes as well my normal follow-up. On this night it was clear to me that I wasn't to make any major feature moves (just one move in fact) rather I was suppossed to spend a significant amount of time getting one aisle worked so that one of my associates could finish it up. This made absolutely no sense to me yet I was at peace as I working. I knew beyond a shadow of doubt that this was my role for the night. I did other things as the night went along but I was at peace with it all. It was by no means a perfect night but it was a night of peace, something that hasnt happened in a long time at work.

It was a night that reminded me that following God's will/steps/path is what brings us peace. It may not always bring us what we want but what we receive will be satisfying.

0 comments: