Do you love food?

Do you love food? Are there certain tastes that just are beyond your ability to truly describe? I really have two foods that I just love to eat. They are my wife's tater tot caserole and my mom's chicken and rice. Did you know that God has this same kind of love for you and me? I know it may sound weird but you can check it out for yourself at Malachi 1:2. So what does this mean for us. Well, I think this gives us hope as we struggle with our intense desire for things. Ths hope comes from the fact that the intense desire itself is not a bad thing but it is where we place that desire that becomes sinful for us. In fact the desire it is a aprt of how God has wired us. So the key becomes focussing that desire on God and the things He desires us to focus on.

I think for so long we have beaten ourselves up for having intense desires for things of this world and our solution has been to try and eliminate our ability to long after anything. Or if we decided we could keep these longs we could only have them for God alone. Neither of these solutions are totally correct. First of all God has wired us to be passionate creatures. Second, while it is true that we should focus a lot of attention on God Himself I am not so sure that it all needs to be focussed on the person of God. I think that if focus entirely on Him then we can easily miss that which He is doing. We must learn to also focus on God's activity here on earth.

I hope that today is a day where we can all learn to focus our "love of food" on God and His work and a little less on the fleating things of this world.

0 comments: