Uno Mas!

Since October of 1996 I have spent a significant portion of my life around college students. This time has been in 3 different states with two generations of people (Gen Xers and Millennials). Over the years I continued to be amazed at how much some things just do not seem to change.

Tonight Angie and I had the privilege of working with the USF BCM and their summer kickoff. It was an amazing time. For me it was this strange mix of coming back to the place where it all began while also starting something new. I found myself again gravitating towards the sand volleyball court to play just one more game or one more serve. I also found myself thinking about all of the people that were at the BCM when I was their as a student. I thought about all the work and effort that so many people put in to events just like the one we were at tonight. I also found myself longing for some of those deep personal relationships that I shared those amazing people. Yet in the midst of all of the reminiscing I found myself getting to know new students. Each one there for their own reasons with their own set of burdens, dreams and ideas.

Tonight was an amazing night for me. I had a great time being on campus again and being around so many wonderful students. I have no idea how God wants to use me and my family on this campus but I am looking forward to watch him doing some amazing things at USF.

1 comments:

Leila.King said...

I so want to be a part of that. Have to work out.schedules with the kids though